Health Protocols at STGGCS
What is STGGCS doing to support the community in staying healthy?
- Students are reminded to wash their hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Students will sanitize their desk at the end of every school day with a disinfectant wipe.
- Teacher/aide will wipe down common areas in the classroom with a disinfectant wipe at the end of the school day and during the day as needed.
- Teachers will review “Cover Your Cough” procedures with all students (homeroom teachers in junior high should review these procedures with their students)
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be highly visible and available for teachers, students, and parent volunteers use.
- Student who report not feeling well will be sent to the office to have a temperature check (already common practice). Parents will be contacted if necessary. Prompt pick-up of sick children is appreciated.
- Teacher will continue to review bathroom etiquette with students- washing hands with soap and arm water – depositing paper towel IN the trash can.
- Teachers will continue to review trash procedures with students – trash, including used Kleenex, must be deposited IN the trash can.
The administration, faculty, and staff will regularly reinforce with students that these health practices should always be followed as a good citizen of the classroom, school, and home environments.